Reading: I just started The Nester’s book The Nesting Place and I’m really loving it. It has encouraged me to love the home I have and to decorate it like it is our forever home even if it may not be. Such a fun and refreshing look on home and the way you live in your house. I’m currently looking for some fun summer reads. Any suggestions?
Watching: I have been watching very little TV lately but I am anxiously awaiting the start of The Bachelorette next week and the 2nd season of Orange is the New Black next month.
Listening: 90’s on 9 on XM Radio. I think I love almost every single song that they play. So fun to listen to the songs of my childhood and teenage years and be taken back in time.
Doing: My sister is getting married next week so we are all getting excited for the wedding and getting everything ready for her big day! We are also trying to spend as much time outside as possible, that is when it is not rainy or too chilly.
Eating: We are grilling out a lot and enjoying all the yummy fresh fruit (especially strawberries) that are in season now. We have also made some really yummy sides on the grill including grilled romaine lettuce and grilled mini stuffed peppers….SO yummy!
- Listening to Charlie chatter non-stop. He repeats pretty much everything we say and just talks all day long.
- Drake loves school so very much and is already so sad to know that it will be ending in a couple of weeks. A few weeks ago it was really nice out and I asked Drake if he wanted to skip school and spend the day outside with me instead and he looked at me with a look of disgust and said “NO! I will miss way to much if I don’t go to school!”
- Spending time outside. Our whole family is just so much happier when we can spend countless hours outside. There is just something about the warm sun and fresh air that makes your spirits so much higher.
- Date nights with my husband. For almost a 18 months now Ben and I have made it a priority to go out on dates and I can’t tell you how much I look forward to those nights out full of conversation and laughs.
- I ordered this coat and a few different maxi dresses from Old Navy this spring and they have been staples in my wardrobe.
- My girlfriends. I have been so blessed to have lots of amazing women in my life and I think the older you get the more you appreciate your friends so much more. Life is just so much more fun and special with these ladies.
- Morning workouts. I can’t believe how much better I feel if I get up and go to the gym in the morning. I’ve been trying to make it a habit and it has actually been much easier than I thought it would be!
- The ages and stages we are in right now. Each stage presents it’s own challenges, but I’m loving 4 1/2 and 2 for all the crazy, circus-like fun that follows us everywhere.